65

2016

65% of the human body consists of water, though it is well known it is a rarely conceived fact. 65 is a physical map of the liquids in the human body. The main component is a skin toned latex bag, which embodies the total amount of body water. Water slowly inflates the bag. The amount of water is controlled by tabs and can be adjusted to the body weight and through that to the individual amount of body water. The latex bag is divided into the specific quantity of liquid which can be found in different body compartments.

A literal water body lies in front of the actor, exposing the liquid mass
one embodies – offering to relate to it.

65 was as a short-time project shown with a few smaller translations which can be seen in the set up below. mentored by Christien Meindertsma









TOTAL BODY WATER

65% of the human body are water. A 70 kg person embodies about
42 litres fluids. It gives the body volume. It keeps it flexible and vivid.
It makes nerves conductive and the metabolism active.



The total amount of water in a body can be seen as one. Even though
it is in theory divided in the different compartments, they are tightly connected to each other and kept in balance through osmosis.



If one compartment is effected by any kind of change the body fluid as a
whole goes into movement until the bodies fluid is in balance again.

From a molecular structure to actual liquids, water can be found in different forms and places.



11 liters of so called interstitial Fluid are surrounding the tissue to keep
it smooth. Due to this fluid the cells are provided with nutrients and
waste can be evacuated.


In the cells themselves the biggest amount of water, 28 l can be found.The cells organs are embedded and protected.


3 litre, literally floating, can be found in the blood vessels and in the lymph system.


Different cells contain different amounts of fluids. Fat consits only from 10 % of water, muscles come up with about 75%.



80% of the fluids are taken in by liquids the other 20% by food.What comes in, refreshes the stock and gos out again, when it is replaced itself.
The body is kept in temperature and waste is excreted. During modest activity a fairly traceable amount around 100ml sweat is produced depending on action, fluid supply and the surroundings.



The amount of urine is tightly controlled to outlet waste from the metabolism. A minimum of 500ml per day is required. Thus it can reach several litres..



From the interstitial water the sweat glands produce sweat. The body is kept in temperature and waste is excreted. During modest activity a fairly traceable amount around 100ml sweat is produced. Depending to the level of action, a sufficient fluid supply and the surroundings.



Fecal losses reach an average of about 100ml a day.